July 16, 2012

Read This!: The Masque of the Black Tulip

By Lauren Willig

If you'll remember I read The Secret History of the Pink Carnation and loved it.  This is the second book in the series.

Eloise is still trying to hunt down historical spies and figure out their identities.  This is the story of her hunt for the Black Tulip.  Instead of the Amy and the Purple Gentian, the main characters in the historical version of the story are the Purple Gentian's sister and his best friend, Henrietta and Miles.

Henrietta and Miles are in London, acting as spies in a way themselves, when they find out the Black Tulip is after them...  Mystery and romance ensue.

I did like this book although I was reading at a time when I was super stressed at work and I told Mr. it was too "happy" for me to really enjoy at the beginning.  It was just annoying me with its witticisms and humor.  However, it won me over before I got to the end and put me in a better mood.  I think I liked the Pink Carnation better but this was definitely a thumbs up.  I am looking forward to the next book in the series.

No comments: