September 28, 2013

Double Blueberry Muffins

I've been beyond obsessed with the blueberry since our trip to Charleston where I discovered I actually did like them so I decided maybe blueberry muffins would be tasty. 

Here is the thing, I hate cooked fruit.  Fruity desserts are the absolute worst.  There is nothing more awful that being like Score!  I have room for dessert!!! and someone handing you a fruit-based pie or a fruit plate.  I cannot work with that.  I'll never understand why anyone would want to pollute the dessert course with fruit.  I have similar feelings to nuts being added to baked goods.

Anyways, so I thought maybe because I am so loving the blueberry, maybe it would be different.

I found this recipe and started to work my magic.

Nothing too exciting to note except my batter turned gray and I was slightly thrown off.  Who wants a muffin that is gray? 


Side note: I read an article that says you can eliminate the grayness in a bb muffin if you rinse your blueberries once they are smashed. 

So they baked up and looked normal:


And I dug in.

They weren't awful but I hated each bite that caught a whole cooked blueberry with its clingy skin making me gag.  So I started taking each big blueberry piece out of the muffin.  Mr. said my plate looked like Iwo Jima (Any Mad Men fans out there who get that?)

Mr. liked them.  Of course.

I think I won't rule out making a blueberry muffin again but I think I am going to cut down the number of blueberries and make sure they are all smashed to eliminate the excess fruitiness.

No comments: