September 15, 2013

Read This!: Franklin and Eleanor

By Hazel Rowley

Book challenge: Bio of president or his family

I have been putting this challenge item off because I was dreading reading some blah blah blah boring politics biography.  But, I had found this book on Amazon, got it out of the library, and decided just to read it.  

Franklin and Eleanor focuses on the marriage of Franklin and Eleanor Roosevelt, who they were personally, and how they were complements to each other.  

The best thing of this entire book was that politics were at a min.  Hooray!  The personal lives of Eleanor and Franklin were discussed beginning from their birth, to their school days, marriage, extra- marital relationships, and beyond.  I found some of the information surprising.  I didn't know much about the Roosevelts going in so I am not sure what I expected but I know what I wasn't anticipating and this book had it.  There was some dirt for sure and this was stylistically quite readable (and 300 pages only).  Franklin and Eleanor, I didn't think either was someone I would want to be friends with per se but their story is definitely worth reading. 




No comments: