By Patricia McLinn
Challenge: Sports
I am not into sporty books and I searched and searched until I found the games on Amazon. Mr. side-eyed this choice majorly because he felt a romance novel happening during the Olympics didn't count as a sports book. It had sports in it so it counts.
The winter Olympics have started. Rikki, who does the biathlon, has love at first sight (give or take) with Lanny on the men’s hockey team. Downhill skier Kyle and her coach Rob are always at odds because but what underlies all that tension? Tess and Andrei were in the Olympics 12 years ago and are now back as coaches. She was a US skater and he was a Soviet one. Sparks flew but this is their first meeting since then.
Overall, I highly enjoyed this book. Rikki and Lanny had the best story. I had a hard time getting into Tess and Andrei’s story because he seemed as though he were a stalker and really just creeped me out. As for Kyle and Rob, the tension was great. (Kyle is a terrible name for a girl by the way. I don’t like boys’ names for girls generally.) For a fun romance, I recommend.
Also, on the sports theme, I learned a lot about biathlon so it was definitely a sports themed novel. HAHAHA
No comments:
Post a Comment