This week's bread wasn't without a few mishaps. I was geared up on Saturday morning to make this bread when Mr. called me from Whole Foods to tell me they were out of buttermilk. I threw a temper tantrum about how nothing is ever easy. (No, I am not adaptable when my mind is set. I mean I already had the skillet heating in the oven!) However, once I got my act together, I googled subsitutes for buttermilk and found that 1 cup milk + 1 tbsp of lemon juice would work. I called Mr. and he nicely bought me some lemon juice. Secondly, the recipe says to start by melting a stick of butter in a skillet. I should have read the recipe through because I didn't realize that you were supposed to put all ingredients in said skillet. Needless to say, the one I chose was way too small and I had to dump everything in a bowl. Oh well. I am not sure if this or the buttermilk debacle made any difference.
For comparison, here are the pics from last week (right) vs this week (left). Notice how thick the batter was last week vs. this? And the difference in the end appearance? (Sorry, I couldn't the pics exactly in line.)
I definitely will be making this again. Everyone who had a piece gave it a big thumbs up.
No comments:
Post a Comment