July 7, 2010
Read This!: The Last Summer (of You and Me)
I picked up The Last Summer (of You and Me) by Ann Brashares because I am a huge fan of the four Sisterhood of the Traveling Pants novels and I figured I would also be a fan of this. I was right. I loved this book. The Last Summer (of You and Me) centers around two sisters: Riley and Alice and their friend Paul. Growing up the sisters’ and Paul spent every summer living next to each other in their parents’ beach houses on Fire Island. Paul and Riley, best friends for years, are now 24 and Alice, the constantly tagging-along little sister, is 21. Having spent three years away from the island and the sisters, Paul returns. The summer that year changes the sisters’ and Paul’s lives forever. I won’t give away the story but this book is filled with romantic tension, heartbreak, sadness, and growing up. The way it was written kept me reading and reading and reading. I finished it in record time so I highly recommend.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
read it a few summers ago - LOVED IT!
Me too! Agreed, loved it as well. :)
Post a Comment