SPOILER ALERT!!!
Well, after this week’s installment of The Next Food Network Star we're down to six contestants. And not to toot my own horn, but in my initial TNFNS post I ranked the contestants 1-12 and my top 6 are all still alive. I’ll be taking my talents to South Beach next season.
Does anyone else get annoyed when the contestants act surprised every time they bring out a new food network personality? Really, you’re shocked that Ted Allen just walked through the door? Didn’t think there was a chance you’d see the host of Chopped at some point? I’m waiting for one of them to ask for an autograph. Look it’s Ina Garten, get my camera!
This week was all about the flub. We had Brianna saying she forgot her breadcrumbs before the judges had a chance to miss them. We had Aria getting called out for not using pigs (or some kind of pork) for her pigs in a blanket. And of course, we had Tom saying he likes to play with himself. Still not sure what he was trying to say there.
Aria inspired Mrs. to say “I hate her” . . . possibly not the reaction Aria’s going for. Either way, it seems like just a matter of time until she’s gone. Same goes for Herb, who remains the least favorite contestant in our household. The “energy chef” annoys the crap out of me. I’m not sure why the judges like his personality. Hopefully next week will be his last.
Brad was the big winner this week. He was close to getting voted off last week and suddenly he appears to be the hands down favorite. He even had a picture of a young Brad to inspire him. Smooth.
I'm not sure why Brianna always wears a tight short dress and high heels to the judging. It’s like she has a date immediately after the judging (or a 2nd job as a hooker). The Mrs. had one word for her: Spanxx. But it looks like she might need that 2nd job now because it was her last day on the show. A week after winning the challenge she was back to her old self (aka someone I wouldn’t watch on the food network). And hey, big shocker, she cried all throughout her goodbyes.
It also seemed like everyone else was crying during Brianna's exit. As far as all of the waterworks goes, here’s a hint to all of the remaining contestants: One of you will get voted off next week. If you prepare for this inevitability in advance, it may make it easier to fight back the tears when the time comes.
Well, it looks like Brad and Tom have climbed to the top, and I’d say they’re the favorites even above Aarti now. Those three look to be the final three at this point. Can Aria smile enough to get the judges back on her side? Can Serena make us remember that she’s still on the show? We shall see.
No comments:
Post a Comment