August 2, 2010

The Library Card

As I mentioned last week, Mr. and I do a ton of reading but always just buy the books instead of being cost efficient and going to the free library. However, on Saturday that all changed. We were out for a walk and came in close proximity to our local library. Me to Mr.: "Want to go get library cards". Mr. said in reply, "Sure". So off we went. Now, Mr. got shot down because his driver's license address and our current address don't match but mine was correct so I was still in the game. The process of getting a library card involved filling out a paper with my address and then signing a card with a Sharpie marker. It took less than five minutes so I am not sure why we waited so long to make time to do this. Card in hand, we walked through the library to see what we could get. Ultimately though, we walked out empty-handed because Mr. and I are both OK on books right now and, as Mr. commented in despair, "All of these are hardbacks. I forgot they would be in a library." Hardbacks are the enemy to the commuter. So, in the end, this could have been all for nothing after all.

No comments: