SPOILER ALERT!!!
So it was waterworks galore this week on The Next Food Network Star, as they surprised the contestants by bringing in their loved ones before the camera challenge. We had to watch Aria sob while hugging her son and Herb lose it with his wife and kids. I’ve never seen a man cry quite as much as Herb does; it’s really art form with him. And then came the goodbyes and well, I’m just glad no one slipped on the tear covered floor.
I’m going to start with Brad who was voted off this week and won’t be headed to New York with the final four. I was genuinely surprised because even though he struggled with personality on camera I thought he was the favorite. I think two things doomed him this week. First, his food didn’t impress the judges, and even though he usually prepares good food, you can’t afford a slip up this late in the competition. Secondly, for whatever reason, Brad didn’t wear his hat most of the episode. I think this proves the theory that like Sampson’s hair, Brad derives his power from the hat. What a week to choose to let his locks flow free.
The star challenge (or in this case the Eva Longoria challenge) was to prepare a dish inspired by an emotion. Am I the only one who thinks the Food Network was reaching with this one?
We get it Herb, you were a short, fat kid. Does he need to mention this every week? I almost yelled at the television when Eva Longoria said he had “star potential”. What am I missing here?
Thought it was great when Susie admonished Aarti by telling her that they won’t have a bunch of shrinks around before her show to validate her worth. Keep em’ coming judges.
Before the show came back from the final commercial (and the reason I thought Aria was being voted off) they played an advertisement for a new show called “Family Style” about (I think) a brother and sister who co-own some food business. Uh, isn’t that Aria’s show name? She cannot be pleased with this new development.
So we're down to the Aarti Paarti, the Herb emotional rollercoaster, “I need a new name for my show” Aria, and of course The Big Chef, which I guess is the name of Tom’s potential show although I really don't remember this being mentioned before. It should be fun to watch them all square off Iron Chef style next week.
No comments:
Post a Comment