I picked it up again to reacquaint myself with my sewing machine This took an hour or so but I managed to figure it out using the instruction manual as my guide. There were some missteps but my memory was soon refreshed and sewing could begin...
The first pieces to sew were the pockets and the towel loop. The towel loop came first and came out well. It was relatively easy so I was riding on my confidence as I approaced the pockets. The pockets stunk. Sewing a curve is difficult when you are trying to maintain your seam allowance. The second pocket came out better than the first. For comparison, second on the left, first on the right:
Once these were completed, I had to attach them to the actual apron. There was a slight mess-up here as I made the mistake of sewing the pocket over the opening so I had to go back and rip the whole thing out. Major pain. In the end, the towel loop and pocket were attached. Not the best quality but eh, it's an apron.
Next up: Pleats.
No comments:
Post a Comment