So obviously I’m not doing very well on guessing who's getting voted off Food Network Star each week. Heck, I’m not even good at guessing when they are seconds from revealing it, as I was convinced it was going to be Whitney after they got down to the final three last week. I just didn’t see Justin B. going home. Of course he’s been beyond terrible in front of the camera and has very little personality for someone covered in tattoos, with stretched out earring holes and spiked hair, but I really thought the judges saw some hope and would keep him around.
This was an episode full of delusions. What was up with Penny? She’s somehow convinced herself she’s the one to beat and was baffled that she could do wrong, and more importantly that the judges would actually tell her she did wrong. And as much as I was starting to root for Justin B., he lost me at the end when he was ranting about how he had the best dish and couldn’t believe he was voted off. Um, Justin B., the judges just got done tearing your dish apart. Remember they said that no one liked it? Yeah, it probably wasn’t the best dish. Probably not in the top 5.
What’s with all the tattoos this season? Obviously Vic and Justin B. are covered in ink, and now we’ve seen that Susie has angel wings on her back, and I just assume that Chris has a tribal arm band.
So on to this week and what to expect:
Penny didn’t say sexy this week, but did describe herself as a cougar. She’s letting “sexy” slip this week, I know it.
Mrs. will finally get Jeff’s name right. Last week we had this exchange.
Mrs.: “I kind of like the guy with the headband.”
Me: “That’s Jeff.”
Mrs.: “That’s Jeff? I thought he was one of the Justins.”
Probably not a good sign for the “stars” this season that we’re having trouble remembering their names in the 4th episode. Too late to add a couple new contestants?
Mrs. will find someone else to add to her list of contestants she hates. On top of the list currently is Mary Beth. The thing is – Mary Beth is a mom, and not in good way like Melissa D'Arabian. Mrs. also has negative feelings for Penny (but really, who doesn’t?) and she is not a fan of Jyllicious.
As Mrs. pointed out, with the departure of Justin B., Justin D. finally becomes simply “Justin”. Will this new identity be the spark he needs to step up his game? I think the loss of his last initial will spell doom as I’m going with Justin (formerly Justin D.) to make it back to back Justin’s getting voted off the show.
The judges will find something very funny while sitting outside – well, the previews gave that away I guess.
And with no Alicia last week, Whitney picked up the crying torch. This week I think it will be Jyll.
No comments:
Post a Comment