June 16, 2011

Why I Hate People

As I mentioned in my complaining post yesterday, I had a potential number 4 complaint.

I ordered a pair of cropped pants from a certain retailer and had them sent to work because I don't trust people and don't want my package potentially sitting on my door step if I am not home to get it. Anyways, I put the suite number on the address. It is on my receipt so this is not my fault. But, it seems from the UPS tracking that the retailer failed to put the suite number on the address and they (UPS) are trying to track it down.

Trying to be proactive, I e-mailed UPS with the tracking number and provided the suite number only to be told in response the the package was shipped UPS Basic and they couldn't alter it. But, at my leisure over the next few days, I was free to go to their depot place and pick it up.

Um yeah no.

Their depot is in shadyville. And not only is it in a questionable area, it is very inconvenient to get to. There is no good public transportation there which means: 1. I would have to take a cab there, pay the cab to wait while I went inside, paid for the cab fare back. 2. Drive to work, pay $20 to park all day, drive to the depot, hope I don't get lost or accosted, drive back.

No. I don't think so.

Get out of here UPS. I would rather just not get the pants than spend the extra time and money to retrieve them.

I have contacted said retailer asking them how they are going to remedy the situation as this was their fault, not mine. We'll see how they respond.

No comments: