August 25, 2011

Air and Water Show 2011

This year for the Air and Water Show, we invited Mr.’s family over to watch the planes and have a BBQ.

Mr. and I throw what I refer to as "Mary Tyler Moore parties". Does anyone get that reference? No? I figured. Your parents should have let you watch Nick at Nite.  So let me translate: Whenever we throw a party some kind of disaster ensues like Mr.’s 30th birthday party when our oven caught fire or the 4th of July party where it rained and rained and rained and rained or the Thanksgiving where a pin from the turkey fell into the garbage disposal causing the whole thing to be disassembled at 7PM Thanksgiving night, just what you want to do after a giant meal.

The day of the party, it poured down rain starting at about 10AM and continued until after 1PM. Our guests arrived around noon. Mr. just BBQ’ed in the rain.

(I ditched him for most of the prep time and played with the babies. Hee hee hee. So he was left alone in the kitchen to set out all the food and get everything ready. I am the best wife.  I was told he may have grumbled about this to some of his family members. )

Miraculously, as soon as Mr. finished getting all the food cooked, the rain stopped. Hooray! Everyone decided to eat on the deck. Now, our chair cushions stay in a plastic chest on our deck. The wind had knocked it over and the cushions were soaked. This has never happened before. I brought out beach towels for people to sit on instead.

The rain stayed away for the rest of the day but the A&W Show was shortened. We were able to see some planes anyways so voila!:














The next day, of course, was sunny and perfect.  The planes were out in full force with no one to enjoy them but us... And I suppose the million people who went to the actual A&W show locale…

Btw, I am loving this new enhanced picture capability in blogger!  Way to go!

No comments: