I happened to be perusing Crate and Barrel Outlet's website and came across a tablecloth that had just the pattern and color scheme I was looking for so I thought, "I can make this into a table runner!". I purchased and waited for its arrival.
Here he is:
I bought the 60 inch square version because our table is 48 inches square.
I cut two pieces 60 x 16. I wanted the table runner to be about 14 inches across and well, the 60 was the size of the tablecloth as is.
I pinned these two pieces right sides together and sewed a 1 inch seam around leaving one part about 4 inches unsewn.
I did the inch seam because the hem on the tablecloth was 1 inch and I didn't want any seams to show.
So, once it was sewn, I trimmed the edges down with my rotary cutter. I did accidentally slice part of the fabric so I would suggest not doing this while watching television. Eh well, I fixed it with some Hollywood Tape and fabric glue since I didn't have a patch. You can't even notice unless you are looking.
Anyways, so once I trimmed the seams, I flipped it through the unsewn area and sewed that shut by hand.
I then pressed the whole thing.
And voila!
No comments:
Post a Comment