Six years ago, Mr. and I got engaged. It is hard to believe it was that long ago, but alas it was.
Recently, I was going through my drawer of "jewels" and I came across the box that my ring box came in. I opened it and there was single Hershey's kiss in there. Yes, six years later. Kind of gross I know. So I told Mr. that I still had one of the candies that he put in the ring box when he proposed.
This was his response: "I gave you candies?"
Me: "Yes, remember? you gave this box with candies in it and I dumped them out looking for the ring?"
Mr: "I don't believe that happened."
Never liking to be thought wrong, I went through all of my e-mails and found the one I sent around with our engagement story. Lo and behold, I came across this:
he handed me a card and a box and i opened the card and read it, by now i knew what was happening, and he was really nervous, and i opened the box and it was full of candy
Then I stopped. A card? So I forwarded the e-mail to Mr. saying "You gave me a card???"
He didn't remember a card either.
Hmmm.....
At least we remember that an engagement did take place.
No comments:
Post a Comment