August 17, 2011

Read This!: Envious Casca

By Georgette Heyer

Borders….

Georgette Heyer is one of my go-to authors as you know if you read my book reviews. Her mysteries are entertaining and in a similar fashion to Agatha Christie. I was not disappointed by this one. In fact, I actually thought this book had a lot of one-liners that made me laugh. I will say as well that I didn’t understand the title of this book and eventually googled “Casca”. I thought perhaps it was some kind of way to say “house” in another language (think casa). It wasn’t. Casca (according to Wikipedia) was one of the assassins of Julius Caesar. Who knew? Not me. I guess I missed that day in history class.

To the story...

Joseph Herriard invites some family and friends to have an old-fashioned family Christmas at his brother Nathaniel’s house. When personalities conflict, tension runs high and Nathaniel winds up murdered in a locked bedroom. But how did the murderer get in? Who was it? Scotland Yard to the scene and eventually all is revealed.

All in all, I'd recommend.

I picked up a couple more Georgette Heyer's at the Borders sale last week because I have really liked the last two I have read and I have to get them while they're hot. The library only has so many.

No comments: