I am excited for them so I thought I would share with you.
I really wanted this silver bell wreath from Williams-Sonoma last Christmas and was waiting for it to go on sale but it never did because it sold out too quickly. This year I snapped it up ASAP. I have to say it does look pretty good on our green door. IMO at least. Plus it is "greener" than the normal pine wreath I usually get because it can be reused every year. Of course the pine wreath always gets recycled into mulch by the city but eh, go with me here.
Every year I buy live trees to put in our "yard". And yes, I use the term loosely but what you see below combined with some grass that is between the sidewalk and the street equals our yard. Anyways, we don't have an electrical socket out there and I wanted to do some lighted trees. My Aunt Greeney suggested these battery operated trees from QVC. I bought two three foot and two two foot trees.
The battery operated lights are on a timer. So they go on about 5 and then turn off automatically at 11. (No maintenance from me!) My one concern was that the batteries would not last. But, we turned them on the first weekend in December and they are still going strong. The lights also have a solar setting (stay on when it's dark, off when it's light) and just an on/off. All three settings (battery, solar, on/off) can be steady or twinkling.
The trees can be used either indoors or outdoors and come with both a stand for inside and a stake for outside. I staked them into the ground and so far the pumpkin-bandits have not touched them. I think they look real unless you get up in their grill.
If you can't tell I am quite happy with these. My neighbor even told me they looked good. They are also "green" because I can reuse them next Christmas and they are economical because they cost the same as the real trees I buy every year and then throw out at the end of winter. We had a little snow on Saturday which you can see if you look hard enough:


No comments:
Post a Comment