December 2, 2011

iPhone Map Love

Two weeks ago I was on a business trip trying to kill time in the airport when I started playing around with the Maps app that comes standard with the iPhone.  What I discovered has given me another reason to punch the air in celebration of this tool.

If you search for a city name and then go to that "page turned up looking" button at the bottom, you can select "Show Traffic":




What you get is the city map with the traffic news on top of it:


Lookin' good in Beantown!





Windy city has some delays!



 L.A. Yuck!




This is glorious.

I am in my car maybe one day a week if that but often times when Mr. and I are driving on the highway and subsequently stuck in traffic, I have been going to traffic.com to assess whether I should put in my ear plugs while Mr. freaks out or if it is just a momentary set back. It is also helpful in deciding questions like "Getting back from the airport: Should I just take the train because I will be in a taxi for the next two hours?"  This is a lot quicker and more efficient. 

Thank you Apple!

PS I also accidentally figured out back in October how to do a screen capture from my iPhone.  I never thought I would ever use it.  Lo and behold...

No comments: