In honor of the upcoming holidays, I've composed this post to describe a Christmas tradition in our household. The annual not- so-subtle gift hinting from Mrs.
The Twelve Days of Hint-mas
Day 1 (December 10th)
[Getting dressed before work] Ugh, my blue turtleneck sweater is starting to fade. I might have to look for a new one. (A subtle Christmas gift hint?)
Day 2 (December 11th)
[Looking through JCrew catalog] Ooh, I like this blue turtleneck sweater. I might have to put this on my Christmas list.
Day 3 (December 12th)
I could really use a new blue turtleneck sweater. Hopefully Santa will bring me one for Christmas.
Day 4 (December 13th)
I finished my Christmas lists. I just need to determine if I’m going to put the new blue turtleneck sweater I want on the list for my family. (Translation: Should I trust that you're going to get this for me, or just specifically tell someone else exactly what I want?)
Day 5 (December 14th)
If you’re still looking for Christmas present ideas for me, I could use a new winter hat, a new wallet, and a new blue turtleneck sweater. (As we move closer to Christmas, subtlety is thrown out the window.)
Day 6 (December 15th)
[Sitting on couch after dinner] If you’re going to get me a new blue turtleneck sweater, I saw one at JCrew that I really liked. Just an idea.
Day 7 (December 16th)
[Sitting on couch after dinner] Here, I tore this page from the JCrew catalog. This is the sweater I was talking about. Just in case you’re looking for Christmas ideas.
Day 8 (December 17th)
E-mail from Mrs.:
Here’s a link to the JCrew sweater I wanted for Christmas. Size XS. Color: Ocean Surf.
Day 9 (December 18th)
I was talking with [fill in random friend or family member] about that blue turtleneck sweater I like from JCrew. She said she liked it as well and that it was on sale. I considered just buying it for myself, but I didn’t. Hopefully I’ll get it for Christmas. Just an idea, you know, if you’re still not sure what to get me.
Day 10 (December 19th)
E-mail from Mrs.:
JCrew is having a sale, 30% off and free shipping. Just in case you're looking to get me something from there. Like that blue turtleneck sweater. Sale ends tomorrow.
Day 11 (December 20th)
I really hope I get that new blue turtleneck sweater from JCrew for Christmas. Hopefully Santa’s been listening. I almost ordered it for myself today.
Day 12 (December 21st)
Can you just let me know if you bought me that blue JCrew sweater because if not, they e-mailed me a coupon and I’m going to go ahead and buy it today.
No comments:
Post a Comment