July 9, 2011

Another Day, Another Food Network Star Post

Hey, it looks like I’ve found my predictive powers again as Justin (f/k/a Justin D.) was sent home this week as foreshadowed in last week’s post. But really, who couldn’t see that coming? Of all the different personalities he tried out, it’s unfortunate he never thought to try "likable Food Network reality show winner".

I thought for this week I’d rank the remaining contestants from most to least likely to win:

1) Susie – I think she’s safely established herself as the favorite. And wouldn’t you know Mrs. pegged her from the beginning.

2) Jeff – Also known as “red headband guy” by Mrs., who refuses to remember his name. Jeff has surprised me because he really seemed like a doofus early on. He might be the contestant who doesn’t win but still gets his own Food Network show.

3) Vic – I know Mrs. disagrees, but I still think Vic has a chance to win this thing. He might not be able to put his arms down, but the judges like his food and his personality.

4) Whitney – Might be a little high for her, but she’s been waiting in the weeds and had a big week last episode. Could be the late bloomer that comes on strong at the end.

5) Penny – Should maybe be higher, but I don’t know if “mean” or “unlikable” is the direction the Food Network is heading in for their next star.

6) Orchid – Oh, how the mighty have fallen.

7) Chris – I guarantee he has no chance to win, but he just keeps inexplicably advancing.

8) Mary Beth – Why is she still here?

9) Jyll – She’s at the bottom because I think this week is the end of her run. And I can’t say we’ll miss “Jyllicious” too much.

So I think Jyll’s gone this week (although I was tempted to say Orchid – what happened to her?). I also have a feeling that Chris will do something stupid (or does that go without saying?). One of the contestants is going to come out with some personal sob story about the hardships they endured to get there (What have you got for us Whitney?). And of course someone will cry - at this point take your pick of the women and Jeff.

No comments: