July 28, 2011

Mango Sorbet


This weekend Mr. and I attempted to make a mango sorbet with our ice cream maker.

We discovered a boat load of mangoes at Whole Foods so my worries about not finding good ones were pointless.

We did however find ourselves at the mercy of Whole Foods' corn syrup. I was looking for Karo brand but alas, if you know WF, that was not going to be. We ended up with the only corn syrup in the store and that was called "Organic Light Corn Syrup with Organic Vanilla Flavoring". I am not sure what the vanilla did to the sorbet if anything.

In the end, the taste of the sorbet was decent but it was weirdly chewy like the ice cream you get once the box has been opened and the top ice cream exposed to air.

I did not care for the chew.

Mr. didn't like the chew nor the overall sugaryness of the sorbet.

Overall, kind of a bust.

Maybe we will try another type of sorbet and see what happens.

No comments: