I was originally going to make mint chocolate chip but then I saw a recipe for vanilla with mint Oreos and asked Mr. what he would prefer. He loves Oreos so you can guess which one he chose.
If you’ve never made ice cream, the basic ingredients (plus or minus some extras depending on the recipe) are milk (whole no 2% crap. This is ice cream!), cream and sugar. For vanilla, you throw in some... wait for it… VANILLA!!!!
So I whipped up some vanilla ice cream seen here:

Five minutes before it was done (per the instructions which I actually read***) I added the Oreos:

I added more than was actually called for because I tend to find most recipes get cheap on these kinds of add-ons. Going back, I would add more. I don’t want a mouth full of vanilla with no Oreo!
After that, I scooped it all out and put it in a container and into the freezer for two hours.
It was quite good. Yum!

I think I might make some mango sorbet next assuming we can find some decent mangoes. I think their season is getting close to over.
***When we first got our ice cream machine, we didn’t realize you were supposed to freeze the bowl for 6-24 hours beforehand. Oops. We were not pleased when our ice cream experiment got delayed for 6 hours and was an overall bust.
No comments:
Post a Comment