December 5, 2010

The Belated Thanksgiving Recap

Now since my last Thanksgiving post, we have had a lot of excitement in our house.

The Thursday before Thanksgiving Mr. calls me around 4PM from work saying he is not feeling well and do I want to go home early? Yes, of course. So I meet him and we take the train home. Throughout the evening Mr. starts to feel worse and worse thinking he has some kind of stomach bug. His abdominal pain continued to get worse and I asked him if he wanted to go to the ER. No, he says. So eventually we decide to go to bed.

Around 11PM, Mr. starts puking. He didn't feel any better.

Finally around 12:15, just as I was drifting off, Mr. comes back into our room and yells "We need to go to the ER!". I jumped up and good wife that I am did not even stop to put mascara on. (I do not leave the house without it. Ever. I mean EVER.) I did however drag Mr. to the corner to catch a cab to go to the hospital because 1. I thought calling an ambulance would take too long and 2. I didn't know what the parking situation would be at the hospital and didn't want to deal with a disaster. Anyways, we caught a cab and showed up at the ER. I will keep the gruesome details out but they took us right away because Mr. was almost fainting with pain. What was the matter you ask? Kidney stones. Yep. At age 32. We are old.

So long story short I spent the night listening to the top one hit wonders from the 80s because I didn't know how to change the channel and could not see the TV from my chair during which time Mr. found relief in morphine.

And, at 4:30AM, we were discharged.

He had some prescriptions which we had to go get filled so we got back home, got our car, and drove to the 24 hour pharmacy. Why the ER couldn't give us a pill to get him to like 8AM, I do not know. But alas, the 24 hour pharmacy with about 5 cops in it worked. We finally got home around 5:30AM. I called into work. As did Mr.

So we spent a weekend with him in pain.

The following Monday, he made it to the urologist, where he was forced to wait for 2-3 hours for his appointment. Why do doctors do this? Our time is valuable too.

The doctor gave him some meds to help with his stones.

He took one of them Tuesday night. I took Wednesday off of work to prep for our guests and cook. I get a call at 7:45AM from Mr. who I thought was on his way to work. Turns out, he passed out on the train. I found him in the ER after an ambulance ride suffering from embarrassment and that is about it. They think it was the meds that caused him to faint. So Mr. took the day off of work again. This worked out for me because after some slight rest, he managed to help me prep and clean.

So you can imagine how this set the stage for our Thanksgiving.

My siblings rolled in around 8PM on Wednesday and stayed until Sunday morning. Mr. was a trooper.

Our turkey turned out pretty well and the stuffing was fab. I didn't make the homemade rolls because with nursing a sick husband for a week, I didn't have the desire. Here are some pics:


Waiting for food... I never got around to much table decor because of Mr.'s illness. Didn't matter anyways....




EAT!!!


No comments: