I am a shopaholic. I love shopping. For anything. Except groceries. (Which ironically is the only thing Mr. likes shopping for.)
This time of year is the worst. Sales everywhere. I am shopping for others, why not pick up just one thing, OK maybe two, for myself? And in the bargain, help my fellow Americans by boosting the sad economy?
To establish my point, let's recap what I have purchased in the past week:
1. A new bag custom designed. My sister and I went to do this so I had to get it.
2. A new long sleeve t-shirt (on sale)
3. New cords (I have been looking forever and they were on sale)
4. Underwear (because who can't use more underwear?)
5. Two new sweaters at Banana Republic. Yeah! 25% off!
6. A new camisole (I always need these).
7. Some gifts for Mr. for Christmas.
8. A gift for Mr. for dealing with my family in our house for 5 days over Thanksgiving while he was sick (post on that to come). And they were on sale.
9. A new headband with a feather and rhinestone thing on it because I liked that it made me look like a flapper. In my defense, I was returning an ill-fitting skirt so really, it was free.
10. Some Christmas ornaments. It's the season right?
11. Some on sale fall decor: pumpkin and cookie cutters. Smart. Can use them for next year.
12. A new tweed skirt. It was a mini-skirt but I am a shorty so I can wear it as a regular one. Smart shopping!
13. A new 1950s style party dress! I am really pumped over this one because frankly I love vintage clothes. I have nowhere to wear it but I will find something.
14. The People magazine with Kate Middleton on the cover because I am pretty excited over this wedding. Sad but true.
I told Mr. this wasn't so bad because I did manage not to buy any of my three main weaknesses:
1. Dessert Plates (We have shelves and shelves of these.)
2. Snuggle Blankets (I have a whole cedar chest full.)
3. Coats (Our coat closet is busting and not because of the three coats owned by Mr.)
After the skirt and dress purchase, I told Mr. I am cut off until December 26th unless:
1. It's a REALLY good deal.
2. It's something I would have bought anyways.
3. It's holiday decor.
4. It's someone else's Christmas present.
Tonight we are attending a cooking class and everything in the store adjoining it will be discounted.
I think I may have to start these rules on Saturday.
I think I have a problem....
No comments:
Post a Comment