December 10, 2010

Read This!: The Black Moth

By Georgette Heyer

I have mentioned before that my library has a limited supply of books. This is evidence of that. In a quest to stock my supply, I got out two of Georgette Heyer's book. I had enjoyed reading a few of her books earlier this year and thought getting them out was better than nothing. I am reading the second, Lady of Quality, now. This is the first.

This is a true Harlequin romance. It was actually published by Harlequin and is a romance. Set in what I think was the late 1700s (although I am not sure because I am going off of clues), The Black Moth depicts the story of the disgraced Earl of Wyncham, the lady he loves, and the dastardly Duke of Andover who tries to steal her. Very swash-buckling and dramatic. There is even sword-fighting. This book was enjoyable for what it was but don't go in expecting War and Peace.

No comments: