December 20, 2010

Christmas Cookies Round 2

For my second round of Christmas cookies, I made kiss cookies:


and sugar cookies. Mr. likes to decorate the sugar cookies so even though in Round 1 he told me I could bake alone, he was back for more cookie action. He did a great job:


My sugar cookies came out decently but my kiss cookies seemed really dry. I am not sure why. I think it could be the desert-like arid air that has been surrounding us and making my skin dry out to the point where my hands look like I am about 109 usually they only look like I am 100.

The other thing I have to add is that this year my sister will not be at our Christmas celebration.
I love you, Sis, but it was so fab this year to bake without worrying about your damned peanut allergy. I can mix the cookies, reuse things without a thorough washing, not wait to the very end to make the kiss cookies all in an attempt to save you from a battle with your epi pen and a trip to the ER.

Why you may ask I even bother with cookies with peanuts in them if I am dealing with a person with an allergy?

Kiss cookies are my favorite so why should I be deprived? Selflessness is not my strong point.

No comments: