December 17, 2010

Christmas Cookies Round 1

Every year I make the same four Christmas cookies and then try out a new recipe. My four standards are chocolate chips, M&Ms, kiss cookies, and sugar cookies. For years, I would hurry and make all of my cookies the week of Christmas. Then, last year, I thought, maybe I should spread this out and freeze them. That was a good idea. So, last Sunday, I made my first two batches: chocolate chips and M&Ms.



The only thing worthy of note during this baking process was that we had a lot of random stuff on our counters making limited space. Instead of cleaning this up before baking, I decided to just go for it. I ended up perching a tray of M&Ms on the counter and they fell on the floor. After a tantrum ensued about our messy kitchen and the fact that our old place had an island which I adored, Mr. left the kitchen and told me to bake alone. HA!


No comments: