Hi Neighbor!
We are moving in across the street soon. I have tried to contact you numerous times and have been unsuccessful. However, I would like to set up a play date with our kids. Here is my e-mail and phone.
The note also listed her kids names and ages.
Now, this note was interesting on multiple levels:
- We don't have kids.
- It was a piece of paper ripped off of the bottom of another page of paper.
- The handwriting was awful.
- Who the heck does this?
Mr. made the comment that this must be who has been ringing our doorbell constantly. We do not answer the door unless we know for sure you are coming over or you are really persistent. Most of the time we don't even bother to get up from our seats and go see who it is.
I should also clarify that we live in the city. This is not happy-go-lucky suburbia where everyone is friends and there are neighbor parties every weekend in summer. This is a neighborhood in a major city where a person got mugged at knife point in our adjoining alley last year.
We do know a select few of our neighbors. We have even asked our next door neighbors to check our mailbox when we were away. But, I think this person is not familiar with city neighbor etiquette because this is the protocol for meeting your neighbors:
- I am outside planting flowers. Walk by and ask if I live here. Point to your house out and say you live over there. Say your name. I say mine. We never talk to each other again 95% of the time. The other 5% we say hello and that is all.
It is a bonus of city life to not be involved in our neighbors lives or have them in our business.
Edited: Mr. felt the above post made us seem unfriendly. I asked him if he knew us. : D Seriously, though we are not unfriendly for the most part, we are jaded and hesitant to trust.
No comments:
Post a Comment